LAS VEGAS and BASKING RIDGE, N.J., Jan. 9, 2012
- From the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Verizon Wireless and Novatel Wireless (NASDAQ: NVTL) today announced the new Verizon Jetpack™- MiFi® 4620L. This Verizon Jetpack is a Global Ready™, 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot and the next generation of the Novatel Wireless MiFi Intelligent Mobile Hotspot portfolio for Verizon Wireless, building on award-winning innovation and design, proven performance and industry-leading user experience. The Jetpack provides ultimate global support allowing consumers to stay connected while traveling abroad, supporting Quad Band EDGE and HSPA technology. The Jetpack will be in the Verizon booth (Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, Booth #30259).
The Verizon Jetpack - MiFi 4620L creates a personal Wi-Fi cloud, capable of sharing high-speed 4G LTE and 3G Mobile Broadband Internet connectivity with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices simultaneously. The Jetpack supports the latest security requirements, complying with the strictest corporate VPNs, including VPN pass-through and NAT firewall. It includes new features such as an interactive OLED display, allowing customers to scroll through menu options, check security settings, view battery life and manage connected devices at any given time.
- 4G LTE – Customers in the United States can expect fast download speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband coverage areas
- Global Ready, allowing customers to enjoy wireless data service in more than 205 countries, including more than 125 with 3G speeds
- Support for up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Backward compatible with the Verizon Wireless 3G network
- Simple one-touch connectivity
- OLED display and multi-color LED status indicator
- Security: WEP/WPA/WPA2 and VPN pass-through support
- Supports Windows®, Macintosh®, Linux, and most other Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- No software installation required
- Advanced integrated antenna technology
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n
- Dimensions: 3.76" x 2.36" x 0.53"
Verizon Wireless leads the way in 4G with the largest 4G LTE network and most reliable 4G network in the United States, which now covers more than 200 million people in 190 markets. The Verizon Jetpack - MiFi 4620L will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com
in the coming weeks.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit www.verizonwireless.com
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 107.7 million total wireless connections, including 90.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with nearly 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com
. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia
About Novatel Wireless
Novatel Wireless, Inc. is a leader in the design and development of intelligent wireless solutions based on 2G, 3G and 4G technologies providing wireless connectivity. The Company delivers specialized wireless solutions to carriers, distributors, retailers, OEMs and vertical markets worldwide. Novatel Wireless' Intelligent Mobile Hotspot products, software, USB modems, embedded modules and smart M2M modules provide innovative anywhere, anytime communications solutions for consumers and enterprises. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Novatel Wireless is listed on NASDAQ: NVTL. For more information please visit www.novatelwireless.com
(C) 2012 Novatel Wireless, Inc. All rights reserved. The Novatel Wireless name and logo and MiFi are trademarks of Novatel Wireless, Inc. Other Company, product or service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Source: Verizon Wireless